Saint-Emilion, Pomerol, Margaux, Blaye & Graves Sauternes wine tour
Four days in Saint-Emilion, Margaux,
Blaye & Cadillac
749€ pp – 4 days – 3 nights
Charming guesthouses amongst the vineyards
6 visits of a classified Chateaux, family wineries & medieval castle
St-Emilion underground monuments & Blaye ferry crossing
At the wheel of your storytelling convertible buggy, equipped with a GPS tablet-guide, you will explore Margaux’s famous great growth Châteaux, the UNESCO-listed citadel of Blaye, the medieval city of Saint-Emilion, the Sauternes and the Château of La Bère in the Graves. Always at your own pace!
Drive along charming small roads that follow the banks of the Gironde Estuary lined with numerous Charterhouses, former holiday homes. Take the legendary “Route des Châteaux” all the way to Margaux. Open the door of an 1855 “Grand Cru” Château and a family property, discover the secrets of wine-making and taste their wine.
Take the ferry across the Gironde Estuary to reach Blaye and its Citadel for the night. Start the day with a guided visit of the Citadel, take a drive along the Dordogne river, through Blaye – Côtes de Bordeaux and Fronsac vineyards, where a Château will open its doors for a wine-tasting-visit.
Spend the night in a Saint-Emilion wine Château and enjoy a wine-tasting tour of the property. Discover Saint-Emilion Underground Monuments with a guide. Taste Sauternes sweet wine and see Château Yquem before
entering Graves-Pessac Léognan territory, the birthplace of Bordeaux wines and Charles de Montesquieu’s home.
Your buggy, equipped with a multimedia tablet-guide, is a storytelling vehicle that offers quality commentaries all along the way. Relax, your tablet also comes with a GPS that will take you to your destination. The vehicle is also equipped with a hard case for your luggage as well as with rain ponchos in case of rain.
Would you like to make a stop at an open-air café along the river or for a photo opportunity? Great local places are indicated throughout your trip. You are guided, but free to make stops or detours as and when you please, according to suggestions offered by your tablet.
Bring along some friends for an even more enjoyable experience during your Sauternes Wine Tour. You can book several vehicles, and thanks to the “flotilla” mode, your buggies are connected and their position indicated on the tablet.
Day 1 Bordeaux, Margaux, Blaye, 50km
- 10:00 am: Departure from the Memosine agency in Bordeaux
- 10:30 am: Admire your first vines and drive along the Gironde estuary
- 11:30 am: Visit of an 1855 classified great growth Château followed by a wine-tasting*
- 13:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 2:30 pm: Legendary Castle Road to Margaux
- 3:00 pm: Wine-tasting visit in lovely Cru Bourgeois Château**
- 4:30 pm: Ferry crossing Lamarque-Blaye
- 6:00 pm: Settle in your charming guesthouse in Blaye***
*Classified Château: Dauzac, Desmirail, Prieuré-Lichine **Cru Bourgeois Château: Lamothe-Bergeron, Haut-Breton Larigaudière ***Guesthouse: Clos Réaud, Villa Prémayac
Day 2 Blaye, Bourg sur Gironde, Saint-Emilion, 60km
- 08:30 am: Breakfast at the guesthouse (included)
- 10:00 am: Free visit of Blaye Citadel
- 11:30 am: Drive along the Dordogne river past charming Bourg-sur-Gironde
- 1:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 3:30 pm: Wine-tasting visit in a Fronsac appellation Château on the way to Saint-Emilion*
- 6:00:pm: Night amongst the Saint-Emilion vineyards**
*Château: La Rivière **Guesthouse: Franc Grâce-Dieu, Haut-Sarpe
Day 3 Saint-Emilion, Pomerol, Sauternes, 90km
- 08:30 am: Breakfast (included)
- 10:00 am: Wine-tasting visit in the lovely family property*
- 11:00 am: Famous Châteaux loop to see Pomerol, Domaine de Petrus, Châteaux Cheval Blanc and Angelus
- 12:00 am: Lunch (not included)
- 2:30 pm: Guided visit of the Saint-Emilion underground monuments and monolithic church
- 3:30 pm: Free time around Saint-Emilion
- 4:30 pm: Leisurely drive to Sauternes past Saint-Macaire medieval city
- 6:30 pm: Night amongst the vineyards Sauternes**
*Château: Franc Grâce-Dieu, Haut-Sarpe **Guesthouse: Relais du silence du Château d’Arche
Day 4 Sauternes, Graves, Bordeaux, 80km
- 08:30 am: Breakfast (included)
- 10:00 am: Wine-tasting visit in the property of Sauternes appellation*
- 11:00 am: Stop by Château Yquem and drive along the Landes forest
- 12:30 pm: Lunch in the Graves wine region (not included)
- 2:30 pm: Visit of the Château of La Brède, former home of world-famous philosopher De Montesquieu
- 4:00 pm: Stop at the Sources of Caudalie, famous for their grape-based cosmetics
- 5:00 pm: Drive across the Graves region and back to Bordeaux along its 18th-century quays
- 6:00 pm: Arrival at the agency in the Chartrons district of Bordeaux
Visits of Châteaux and guesthouses depend on availability and time of booking. Extra cost for a single bedroom or children sleeping in a separate room.
Plan your next tour now!
If you have any question or specific request, feel free to contact us. We're here to advise you!
Pay simply and securely
with your credit card
or through PayPal
Cancel or change for free
up to 24 hours before.
Exclusively on our website
Electric energy / gasoil
liability insurance included
Share your experience on social networks!